Friday, February 22, 2013

when I was young....

I never knew I was cute...
I never knew I was pretty...
I never knew I could be anything I wanted to be...
I never knew the price of milk, gas or bread...
I never knew I was from a broken home...
I never knew I was smart...
I never knew allot of things at this carefree age... 


I remember having fun outside...
I remember playing with friends...
I remember teaching myself to ride a bike...
I remember never leaving my brothers side...
I remember the old man that passed out candy.... (Mr. Wingheart)
I remember mud pies and dandelion swirls...
I  remember many wonderful things about my childhood...
 
I also remember striving for perfection...
I also remember failing....
I also remember utter shyness....

I also remember complete HEART BREAK...

I'm not sure what lead me to think of these things...but I do know that as much as people say...
 
'Oh to be young again'
 
....I can only partially agree with them. 
You see ignorance was bliss as a child but wisdom as an adult has opened my eyes to what life really was like back then. 
I would rather be right here right now....then to be young again! 
 
However I do wish I could go back and talk with that little girl and tell her it's OK.
I wish I could tell her...
She IS loved.
She IS pretty. 
She IS smart.
She IS worth something. 
And that life will turn out wonderful if she just gives it time.
She will become a mother of two amazing children and marry the most talented, hard working man.  There will be bumps along the way but she will make it.  
 
But most of all I wish I could just hold her tight! 
 
 


1 comment :

FirstTimeMom said...

Beautifully said, my friend. Sad but beautiful.